Search the forum,

Discuss ACS done again, 5 more years to go. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Jackson

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, just finished my ACS re-assessments, to keep my qualifications up to date. Thats me good for another 5 years. There were dozens upon dozens of guys there doing met1 to fit smart meters, with no related background whatsoever. One guy I talked to was a truck driver and never been on a site or in the building game at all. and was using the met1 to be able to go back in 6 month to do ccn1 + appliances. Scary thought!

Anything changed ?

Anything changed ?

mop tightness procedure changed with an introduction of a mandatory 2nd ecv, not that iv'e ever seen one outside of the assessment centre though. cpa1 is now part of ccn1. ncs is no more but thats been around a long while now so its AR, AR AR or ID. long screw no more hemp unless existing installation. Live test on pipework before touching. Gas rating smart meters & Flues in voids (inspection hatches) nothing else major changed except the 10 mbar letby and 20 mbar tightness has changed to allow for digital manometers now.

Did you learn anything?

Yes I did mate, always learning in this game. I didn't know that we had to live test pipework nowadays. I new about the recent changes to unsafe situations but was not really sure of the correct procedure and labeling without the NCS being relevant anymore. Also the pressure changes to let by and tightness testing has changed to allow for digital readers. that's about it.

Yes I did mate, always learning in this game. I didn't know that we had to live test pipework nowadays. I new about the recent changes to unsafe situations but was not really sure of the correct procedure and labeling without the NCS being relevant anymore. Also the pressure changes to let by and tightness testing has changed to allow for digital readers. that's about it.

Live test ?

Yes with a volt pen Scott I should have said an electrical live test not just 'live' test. JTS exactly mate no need at all, a 1 day refresher is all I did. Then a day doing the theory exams & half a day doing the practical tests and an hour doing the PAWS. All done for half past 2 and into the local pub to chill out after once again being put through the mill.

Safe isolation test. You cannot do it with just a volt pen. You need a multi meter

Safe isolation test. You cannot do it with just a volt pen. You need a multi meter

No Harvest I was not meaning a safe isolation test mate where your trusty multi meter comes in. ACS just require us to use a volt pen on the gas pipe to make sure there was not any voltage running along the pipework before we touch any part of the installation and that was it.

No Harvest I was not meaning a safe isolation test mate where your trusty multi meter comes in. ACS just require us to use a volt pen on the gas pipe to make sure there was not any voltage running along the pipework before we touch any part of the installation and that was it.
Ohhhhhhh ok.

Totally agree with JTS , it's a complete sham and disgrace that they fleece us for money.
Shold be one day a year refresher course.

Dunno why we all protest to the HSE about it.

I feel the same mate. This may just be my last time as well. we'll see in 5 years if the knees and back are still up to it :D.

Yep it took a lot of thought for me to do it again ,I nearly didnt . I can easily survive on plumbing work , plumbers are harder to find that gas men IMO.

Yep it took a lot of thought for me to do it again ,I nearly didnt . I can easily survive on plumbing work , plumbers are harder to find that gas men IMO.

Plenty of 'plastic' so called plumbers about! but almost impossible to find a good reliable, experienced old school apprentice trained copper man like us guys now a days. Dread to think what the industry will be like in another 10-15 yrs. Glad i'll be out of it by then.

Plenty of 'plastic' so called plumbers about! but almost impossible to find a good reliable, experienced old school apprentice trained copper man like us guys now a days. Dread to think what the industry will be like in another 10-15 yrs. Glad i'll be out of it by then.
I like this. There is a little bromance going on here. Better than daytime TV this:D:D

Someone's gotta fly the flag for us Yorkshire folk. And the 'Terriers' are holding their own in the Prem :) unlike LUFC :eek:

We have our biggest game since winning at Wembley last year , Everton at home on Saturday, a win should do it , otherwise we are relying on other teams . Last 3 games , Man City. Chelsea and Arsenal Pffttttttt .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ACS done again, 5 more years to go. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock