Discuss a tough riello 40 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cm3luc

have a riello 40 burner is having bother firing up,

sometimes it fires, sometimes it runs through the purge with no spark or solenoid opening and no oil spray , other times it fires, and other times it spits out globules of oil,

i have changed over the capacitor, the pump, the solenoid lead, the control box and photcell, cleaned the electrodes and replaced the nozzle, still the same set of problems,

i noticed a rusty colored layer on the electrode plastics,
also the damper does not open on the pre purge,

could it be that the motor is not strong enough to create pump pressure ( tho when i do get ignition, i get a solid pressure of 8bar)

or could it be an air bubble in the lines? i tried bleeding at the damper but gettin oil through.

any ideas gentlemen?

hanged that too.... considering what has been changed it can only be air in the lines i think

Sounds to me it's the oil supply.

Is the fuel filter dirty? Is the oil level low in the tank and picking up grubby stuff? Is the tank outlet partially blocked? Is the oil line partially blocked - can you undo a section and see how the oil flows through?

thinkin i will try the control box again, has to be somethin real simple, tho as for the damper stickin (was replaced last year)....goodness knows, could see the damper bein taken off completely this time round

and the oil supply is completely fine, threw in another 40 burner to keep them in heat while i figure out this one, shes workin the very best at their house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oil supply's obviously fine then!!

Hope you find the fix soon.

goin to a bentone B9 tomo morning, symptoms, starts runs 5 mins, cuts out, when the lock out button reset and runs for further 5 mins before lockin out again, thinking control box, solenoids heating up or photcell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to a tough riello 40 problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back