Search the forum,

Discuss A system with more branches then a christmas tree.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RoyalCrabs

No pics yet as my smart-phones died, but I was asked to carcass an extension consisting of 5 rads (3up 2 down), 1 ensuite, 1 main bathroom.

Upon further inspection it appears the combi flow / return reduces down to 15mm barrier pipe 4inches from the back of the boiler and immediately T's off, left feeding 5 rads down stairs, right feeding 1, then another branch, up into the loft, back down to the 1st floor and feeds 3 more...
I'm expected to T into the existing system after the First T off the main flow/return.

Am I being too finicky ?!

The entire system is already run in 15mm copper with bundle of barrierpipe where someones recently stuck a big Worcester combi, apparently it hasn't had a flush for as far back as they can remember haha..
Thats gonna be a fun one to balance:christmastree1:

22mm flow and return to where you T off, picking up existing first T on the way.

I was thinking taking 22mm all the way back to the boiler where it SHOULD be and then take it as far as possible before I hit joists / solid walls, but I think the customer is kinda running out of money. The roofers stiffed him on the price poor bugger. Last thing he needs is me telling him his whole heating system needs re doing lmao.

Giving client a system that doesn't work will only add to their grief. Overpayment to other trades is a lost sum and should not effect future decisions. (sunk cost fallacy). Client now has benefit of your informed and professional experience. At lest ensure your work will fully function to expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A system with more branches then a christmas tree.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system which I'm looking to replumb. Our house has had various extensions of heating system with newbuild extension and other additional rads over the years and now the system is inefficient and doesn't heat up consistently. In the extension, because the...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open vented system to sealed / pressurized system, new pump ( UPS3 Grundfos ) all new plastic pipework ( extending ) the 22mm feed and return pipes so no...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock