Search the forum,

Discuss A simple question about disconnecting a dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PeterC66

I have an old Bosch dishwasher that I want to get rid of. It is connected to the mains via an Aquastop pipe and solenoid. My temptation is just to unscrew it, but there does not seem to be a tap to turn off the water first. There is screw in the fitting under the solenoid that I can turn anti-clockwise, but I do not know if that turns off the water.

There is a branch off this mains to which a washing machine is attached, but this has a clear tap to turn on and off.

IMG_2131.jpg IMG_2132.jpg
I want to avoid releasing water into the room! What do I need to do?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 37
The handel is missing off the valve bud take the screw out you will see two flat sections on the valve at the moment they are vertical turn the stem with a adjustable until those flats are horizontal the valve is then closed put something under the to catch residue water towel or bowl before disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A simple question about disconnecting a dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is straightforward apart from disconnecting the two flexible hoses to the mixer tap. I had expected the two isolators to make this easy but was unable to turn the...
Replies
Views
Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it needs to be removed. They're a few videos that supposedly explain how to do it, but none for countertop dishwashers. I only saw one mention what you...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas hob. Ive noticed that the oven supply 15mm and the hob supply is 15mm but once the cupboard is out i can see the hob supply is 10mm in the wall. Which...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. There's a small dishwasher in our kitchen. It's just a stand-alone one that you can put anywhere, rather than something built into the kitchen cabinets. Anyway it's busted and I'd like to remove it and disconnect the rubber pipes at the back, but I don't want to do that and flood the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock