Search the forum,

Discuss A Plumbers Tool Box - HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hammer looks too small... ;)

The quality looks iffy on the plumbers kit - I have a friend who has this and the quality of the tools is good actually!

Forge Steel General Tool Kit 47 Piece Set | Screwfix.com

Definitely good if starting out:

Add
- nice pair of Bahco's (or similar)
- 15mm/22mm pipe slices
- Water pump Pliers
and so on . . . .

Personally my favorite tool is a demolition scredriver - if I could take just 3 tools on site the screwdriver is right up there!

I have used it to smash tiles off walls, lift up floorboards, lift lids off outside stopcock access holes and so on. It does have to be slotted however. I can even use it on isolation valves as well! The list goes on . . .

Just a bit hard to find right now!

STAN FATMAX XL DEMO S/DRIVER 10MM 067544- Buy STAN FATMAX XL DEM...

There's a lot to be said for a demolition screwdriver but I find the right tool for the job in hand is much better for my pinkies....

Before I forget "armeg jaw dropper" Basically a glorified crows foot spanner for baths and basins but fits a treat and gets to places you would not believe possible and grips the thinnest back nuts.

Telescopic mirror, telescopic magnet, Maglite torch and if you use wire wool - TWEEZERS!

Telescopic mirror, telescopic magnet, Maglite torch and if you use wire wool - TWEEZERS!

You could just wear your PPE gloves BUT I can't work in them either!! you see I pre-empted your answer aswell.............

Almost forgot, masking tape for wrapping round your finger when you give your little pinky finger a fish's gill after failing to keep it straight when using your pipe-slice. The amount of times I gave my little finger a smiley-shaped cut when I was an apprentice doesn't bare thinking about.

I always have a box of plasters in my toolbox for such occasions!

Also pain killers as some customers WILL give you a headache . . . .

The list goes on.

Makita Radio is a must!

mmm......don't get me wrong I'm the biggest Makita fan going and already this weekend I've bought two 2nd hand Makita powertools that I don't even need off ebay thinking "oh they're a good price I better snap em up"

But the DAB radio is just too expensive and bulky to warrant me buying it unless it was ÂŁ30 or something.

Is it just me but I detest radios on sites, I like to be able to hear the water in the pipes when I switch on to make sure the flow stops. Normally the radio owner (usually a painter) is reluctant to turn them off even for a few minutes. They must be scared in case they miss something earth shattering or the latest moronic Rhianna song.
Radios are for vans or alarm clocks only in my book.

Bah Humbug.

No I like the radio on
But has to be off when turning water on
And hate it when joiners have compressor on I always think I hear water running lol

I don't know how I'd get through the day without radio, 6 music, absolute, etc and of course the hourly news to keep up with how goosed up the country is.

Is it just me but I detest radios on sites, I like to be able to hear the water in the pipes when I switch on to make sure the flow stops. Normally the radio owner (usually a painter) is reluctant to turn them off even for a few minutes. They must be scared in case they miss something earth shattering or the latest moronic Rhianna song.
Radios are for vans or alarm clocks only in my book.

Bah Humbug.

love the radio on in the van between jobs, used one when building her some stables a while back, but never on a job, mainly because I avoid site work if at all possible and my oaps have the tv on too loud anyhow when I service/repair their boilers.

Yes Radio 2 but without Chris Evans and Steve Wright, they annoy the hell out of me. Turn over to Radcliffe & Machonie at 1:00pm on 6Music for a good laugh.

Im beginning to despise Steve Wright and co. I love pop master though, I always have a quick break when it's on. Usually I listen to R2 or Absolute, which most people find amusing cos I'm only 27 lol

I like Chris Evans but Steve Wright really gets on my nerves, he's still using the same formula he did when he was on Radio 1 years ago. Steve Wright is the best reason for getting a DAB radio, you can re tune to 6 music when he's on.

I don't like Chris Evan's I do remember shouting "ginger whinger" at him years ago when he was at virgin in London he gave me a two finger salute......Proud

I liked him a little better when he was on Radio 1 and was more edgy, but here he's just a ginger Alan Titchmarsh and no way funny.

Old codger lol

Oi! Lol. I just can't stand radio 1, terrible music and even worse djs. Local radio is pants, so the options are limited after that. If I listened to my iPod I'd get kicked out of most people's houses lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A Plumbers Tool Box - HELP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock