Search the forum,

Discuss A Moderator in need of help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul.M

OK now that has your attention. I'm a Mod on the Electricians Forum and need my Heat Line combi boiler looking at. I know that the system needs flushing and we also need (I say we, Mrs. M lol) want two new radiators which I will fit btw. Need someone in the Leeds area to get us up and running again. Any members interested please send me a PM. Thanks, Paul.M

OK now that has your attention. I'm a Mod on the Electricians Forum and need my Heat Line combi boiler looking at. I know that the system needs flushing and we also need (I say we, Mrs. M lol) want two new radiators which I will fit btw. Need someone in the Leeds area to get us up and running again. Any members interested please send me a PM. Thanks, Paul.M
can tell your a sparks,all sparkies are tight,thats why you have a heatline,try dropping lee a pm hes in your neck of the woods View Profile: BOD - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK

i go to leeds quite a bit..well when my daughter asks me too!!
however bods up there and a few others.
whats the prob with it?

Any chance you can knock me off the Mods approval CP list please? Check me profile on the other channel or call Dan.

i go to leeds quite a bit..well when my daughter asks me too!!
however bods up there and a few others.
whats the prob with it?
I'd love to tell you but I'm still under the 6 post rule by the looks of it lol.

Think it is the PRV, also need the radiator system flushing out. Anyone interested drop me a PM.

I'm interested in selling u a new boiler ?

Well the old boiler is half way through it's life, makes a grumbling noise every time it is turned on, leeks water when trying to operate under normal every day conditions, costs a fortune to keep and she is called Mrs. M lol. Oh you want to sell me something to replace the Heatline, that will be cheaper.

Well the old boiler is half way through it's life, makes a grumbling noise every time it is turned on, leeks water when trying to operate under normal every day conditions, costs a fortune to keep and she is called Mrs. M lol. Oh you want to sell me something to replace the Heatline, that will be cheaper.

did redsaw or lee drop you a pm?

My labour will be nearly double price of that heatline heap. Boilers fitted start at ÂŁ1800 plus and that's a 24kw logic .

Bo d has sent me a PM and I will be calling him in the morning, thanks Bod. PS this is really strange posting on the same forum format as the electricians forum without all my Mod buttons! I feel naked whilst loads of plumbers are looking at me...... Did I just say that out load, DOH.

Of course they are but a 28 33 or even 40kw is a huge leap for a spark with a biasi. Next thing will be selling him gshp and bio mass on acv cylinder

its worse than a biasi,its a heatline with vailant 80% mark up on spares

Oh dear oh dear . Who's got the black armband for bod to wear when he visits.

Oh dear oh dear . Who's got the black armband for bod to wear when he visits.

Knew I would get a ribbing on here pmsl. I'm not expecting good news about all of this but a blackarm band? Should I dig a hole in the garden for the boiler? (talking about the combi and not the wife this time,,,,,erm then again,,,, no it will be for the combi).

Can u come and look at my vokex DB? It's all burned and the 2.5 earth and twin for my shower is melted?

U can have a combined grave.

Nah, too much effort digging a hole that size. Besides, I'd feel sorry for combi spending eternity with the wife in the after life. At least she only has me legally until I die :rofl:

haha that was all very civil...Note too self next time i ask on the sparky forum I'll pretend I'm a mod on here..Sorted...Good luck with the god awful boiler Paul.

haha that was all very civil...Note too self next time i ask on the sparky forum I'll pretend I'm a mod on here..Sorted...Good luck with the god awful boiler Paul.

View Profile: Paul.M - Electricians Forum | Electrical Advice Forum | An electrical forum for electricians in the UK Thats the link to my home page, no pretending here. If any of you guys have an electrical question please feel free to PM me on the other side. Happy to help any time. Any member that gives you a hard time on there just send me a PM and I'll slap their wrist.

Got a few on the other side, worked with a couple. Strange lingo but top blokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the sound of that, cheers paul.

Thanks, offer is open to everyone. In fact I may just stay on here for a while and see if any of you have electrical questions you need to ask. Start a thread then send me a PM with a link to it, I'll help you out.

Thanks, offer is open to everyone. In fact I may just stay on here for a while and see if any of you have electrical questions you need to ask. Start a thread then send me a PM with a link to it, I'll help you out.
i have got a question. in a bathroom can you have 24v switched stuff ie stats on the walls, not near showers and baths but?

Hi there Paul , like the fozzy bear by the way ,,

i have got a question. in a bathroom can you have 24v switched stuff ie stats on the walls, not near showers and baths but?

In a word, Yes!

The bathroom is split up into Zones, these dictate what appliances/electrical fittings you can have in a bathroom.

Zone 0 is the bath or the shower tray.
Zone 1 is the edge of the bath/shower tray and a height of 2.25m.
Zone 2 is 600mm away from the edge of the bath/shower tray.

Anything beyond that you can install what ever you want but make sure it is on an RCD or less than 50V DC. A thermostat is acceptable in Zone 2 btw. Hope that helps.

Pictures speak a thousand words, a little diagram to show what I mean:-

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...iact=rc&uact=3&dur=877&page=1&start=0&ndsp=15

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A Moderator in need of help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock