Search the forum,

Discuss A bathroom I did last year in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thompsonbrown

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This is bathroom with a few step by step hints on installing a wetroom.
View attachment 23379This bathroom had a concrete floor and customer didn't want a pumped shower drain so had to be raised onto a plinth. Bath was also getting boxed in so was quite easy to incorporate both together. Impey tray was supported on all edges with cross members fitted every 300mm.
View attachment 23380View attachment 23381The partition wall between wet area and bath was made using 3x2 cls with wedi board fitted to framework. The curve in the wall was taken from a template made from the the curve in the bath to be installed.
View attachment 23382View attachment 23383The all wet area was first primed then tanked out with a Ardex tanking kit, The best one on the market in my opinion.
IMG_8099.jpgIMG_8105.jpgImpeys tile safe membrane corner tape was used around all edges in wet area then tiled on all internal walls.
IMG_8113.jpgIMG_8116.jpgIMG_8119.jpgFloor was then sealed with tilesafe membrane roll with 100w p/m2 underfloor heating finally tiled with natural stone mosaics.
IMG_8167.jpgIMG_8177.jpgIMG_8182.jpgIMG_8188.jpgThe rest of the bathroom was tiled, floor was tanked and underfloor heating was fitted to the rest of the floor then tilemaster flex self level was used to encapsulate ufh and finally primed then tiled.
IMG_8243.jpgIMG_8237.jpgIMG_8217.jpgWall and floor tiling was worked out to allow grout joint to run down the walls along the floor and up the tiled bath panel and wc was moved 160mm from wall to allow grout line on floor to line up with center of pan.
IMG_8211.jpgIMG_8210.jpgIMG_8204.jpgIMG_8200.jpgAlso wetroom size was worked out to allow full size mosaics to be fitted wall to wall and to run up the side of the curved wall and step in wetroom was tiled for grout lines to match when looked at from above.
IMG_8244.jpgIMG_8153.jpgIMG_8229.jpgrecesses with waterproof led lighting and a waterproof tv were installed in stud wall and under bath worktop shelf to for additional storage space.
IMG_8226.jpgIMG_8250.jpgIMG_8240.jpgLed strip lighting was fitted around mirror and an aqualiza digital bath shower mixer was used to eliminate shower valve and bath taps.
This post must seem a bit long winded but having designed this room, fitted it single handed in just under 3 weeks and won Job of the month on the tilers forum I am really pleased with the outcome and got a bit carried away with this post. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
broken links eg something missing just re do them

Thanks for the reply Shaun. Have tried to change them a few times then got timed out. thought it could have been due to length of post.

if you want you can send me the pics and i can post them up for you (pm me if you want)

these mate?

IMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8030.jpg

IMG_8085.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

Crops you around?
That's the 2nd time this morning you are trying to advertise here.

Looks a very good install must have took a bit of time ? did you do everything ? only thing ! how do you fill the bath ? couldn't see any taps !!!!

Looks a very good install must have took a bit of time ? did you do everything ? only thing ! how do you fill the bath ? couldn't see any taps !!!!
The Bath fills from the overflow fitting on the bath, the digital controller you can see on the stud wall, controls both the bath and the shower. so no need for taps on the bath or a mixer valve on the shower.

The Bath fills from the overflow fitting on the bath, the digital controller you can see on the stud wall, controls both the bath and the shower. so no need for taps on the bath or a mixer valve on the shower.

Neat , but what happens when no power ? or fault with that control, is there some way of over-riding it

Neat , but what happens when no power ? or fault with that control, is there some way of over-riding it
No power to controller could be a problem until fixed. Customer does also have 2 en-suit bedrooms, 1 with elec shower so getting washed shouldn't be a problem

Lovely job! Great to see someone who takes pride in their work. Hope you were on a day rate because it must've taken a while!

3 weeks is very quick for a bathroom like this if your a one man band?

Have another guy working for me but on this occasion he was on holiday in thailand, last job over-ran and was left to do on my own. Saying that I enjoyed doing it and reminded me what I'm capable off even though I'm knocking on a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A bathroom I did last year in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock