Discuss WC Cistern condensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don`t think that water would be significantly "less cold" than the cold main running into the house?

I am guessing yes, but Id have thought at least during the night, the water useage would be very low with the cwst just topping itself up whenever the wc is used.

How about running a dhw pipe through the tank, just to take the chill off the stored water? Or running the wc off the (less chilled) cistern and having everything else direct off the mains?

Maybe I need to get a life?

Last edited by a moderator:
you don`t think that water would be significantly "less cold" than the cold main running into the house?

I am guessing yes, but Id have thought at least during the night, the water useage would be very low with the cwst just topping itself up whenever the wc is used.

How about running a dhw pipe through the tank, just to take the chill off the stored water? Or running the wc off the (less chilled) cistern and having everything else direct off the mains?

Maybe I need to get a life?

Hello again Steve,

As I mentioned in my previous message I have looked into the difference in temperature between an incoming Mains water supply and the water in a CWS Tank in late Autumn / Winter - with just `average` amount of water being drawn from the Tank there was never more than a couple of degrees difference.

It would take quite a lot of `ambient Heat` acting on the Tank / volume of stored water to raise the water from the Winter Mains water temperature of probably only 2, 3 or 4 degrees to a temperature such as You are envisaging which would be `warm` enough to supply a WC Cistern and ensure that condensation would not be forming on the Cistern exterior.

Also there are Water Regulations which stipulate that CWS Tank water should not exceed a certain temperature - and the Insulation around the Tank is not only to prevent the tank water freezing but also to prevent `Heat gain` in Summer / Hot weather.

So actually causing the CWS Tank water to `warm up` in late Autumn / Winter to the kind of temperature that would mean no condensation from a WC Cistern would not be easy or desirable.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WC Cistern condensation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back