Search the forum,

Discuss 90mm Geberit spigot into McAlpine WC connector - a bit baggy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Geberit WC frame has a spigot outlet as per picture [frame removed for clarity!] with a 90mm OD. Fits rather baggy in the McAlpine WC connector that has a quoted inlet size of 97-107mm. The seal measures 85mm across and does seal the joint albeit not very tightly.

I would feel more comfortable if the Geberit spigot was a little closer fitting to the pan connector.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_7701.jpg

they do a special adaptor that fits into normal waste fittings look at 3:25 on the vid

https://youtu.be/jhDsNI28MF0?t=217

you can get by with a fernco joint and a piece of pipe

Was this a new frame?
The adaptors to 100mm normally come in the box.

New-ish, one of those lapsed jobs, so the frame has been sat around for a couple of years!

There is an adaptor to 110mm, which again is outside of the fit range for the McAlpine connector. Not tried to force it on but seems too small to fit easily.

New-ish, one of those lapsed jobs, so the frame has been sat around for a couple of years!

There is an adaptor to 110mm, which again is outside of the fit range for the McAlpine connector. Not tried to force it on but seems too small to fit easily.

if there is an adaptor for 110mm it will fit in the pan connector

but why dont you use 110mm fittings instead of the pan connector ?

if there is an adaptor for 110mm it will fit in the pan connector

but why dont you use 110mm fittings instead of the pan connector ?

Very good question. Space is a bit tight and I need a little wiggle room, but you are right, a 110mm fitting might work just as well.

I'll give the 90-110mm connector a go when I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 90mm Geberit spigot into McAlpine WC connector - a bit baggy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All, We have an old soil pipe stack which has an inner diameter of 90mm. I presume it is a pitch fibre soil pipe (it's not cast iron). I have been down the local plumbers' merchants and sourced a suitable pan connector, namely a McAlpine WC-CON7B. The toilet outlet is around 30mm higher...
Replies
Views
Normally when doing my plumbing jobs I have always used McAlpine traps and fittings which have always worked a treat, be recently i have heard more about and seen more in trade stop Viva wastes and traps. Has anyone used them? Any thoughts? They seem to be a good bit cheaper, for example the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a question about the best way to connect my soil pipe to a new "concealed everything" close-coupled WC (that has already been bought and is on site). The soil pipe enters the bathroom from the stack for about 1.3 m alongside the wall (clipped against the first joist that runs...
Replies
Views
Anyone see any issue with pushing a WC pan connector straight in to the stack as per the image? Fits OK [ish], perhaps a bit loose. Other option would be to insert into a small piece of 110mm pipe and then dock it into the stack. Space is limited and I can't find a suitable spigot ended WC...
Replies
Views
I am after a close coupled or back to wall WC with the spigot outlet set back quite a bit to give the maximum possible distance off the wall, 250mm atleast I think, have not had a proper measure yet but looks atleast that distance. I fitted a back to wall one a couple of months ago where I had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock