Discuss York Tank Wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fowlersrs

Afternoon gents,

Came across a bit of a dinosaur on one of our boiler changes this week in then form of
York tank hot water cylinder.

It's a bit peculiar as it looks like an unvented cylinder but it's 25 years old and I'm pretty sure it's
Fed from a loft tank via gravity, need to check tomorrow for sure.

Basically we've upgraded the house from a Y plan to Spain and I'm stuck with the wiring,
This cylinder has a fancy front panel incorporating the immersion and cylinder stat all in one.
What I find odd though is the cylinder stat wiring has a live neutral and earth and also 2 switch wires...

Now with my tester I can see what cable the stat puts a demand on but what about this permanent supply. Can I leave that out the question and just wire through the stat? There was a small push button thing in the wiring center with 4 lives and 1 neutral, needless to say the apprentice ripped it out before I had chance to see what it was doing but it looks like a high limit cut out..

Any idea if I can get a wiring diagram? Or anyone know these cylinders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to York Tank Wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock