Search the forum,

Discuss £870 for a flue... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy sounds like a toe rag for sure but I don't see British Gas in the dock for overcharging

As much as the guy is obviously an bum, who's to say what mark up you can put on materials? Maybe it's the way the article is written, but to my knowledge you can charge what you want. Admittedly the 1000% percent mark up for the flues a bit excessive but wonga loans aren't much less!

think he was targeting vulnerable old folk from what I have read, plus he knew knaff all about working on oil despite claiming to be Oftec registered.

Im glad that wonker got jailed ,,, nothing worse than ripping off the elderleys

First thought is that i am undercharging!!!

I know a couple fireman who work as plumbs 1 went for years not paying tax on his plumbing work. Decided to retire from fire service still doing plenty cash in hand then hey presto taxman called .

Funny enough he's doing 5 days a week now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £870 for a flue... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is a flue from a boiler, just installed by Borthwick. We were worried that this was dangerous so called out BG. They say it is not dangerous but the boiler has been certified as “at risk”. We are trying to get them back, but its not easy. C**b*ys comes to mind. CO monitor nearby.
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
New qualified engineer has classed my boiler as ID due to flue CO 19.6 and CO2 of 0.0004. There’s not holes or defects or blockages seen, would this be at risk or is it dangerous? Last years engineer said it was ok but this young lad says no
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock