Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss 8 Year old Oil Boiler in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuart_craigon

stuart_craigon Guest

Does anyone know what model this boiler is and what the likely gas replacement would be? Could combi be used? 5 bed 3 showers 1 bath. 12 rad system with hot water cylinder at present.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  2. OilBoy

OilBoy New Member

Well I can't tell you what the washing machine or dishwasher makes are. but the boiler on the right is a Worcester. Take the front panel off and see if there is an ID plate in there...

8 years it not that old for an oil boiler, but then again if it's a Greenstar :laugh3:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  3. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Combi wont do. If pressure and flow allow then unvented.

At 8 years its only a bairn.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stuart_craigon

stuart_craigon Guest

It probably is just a young one but I'm getting shafted by the heating oil suppliers and I've got lpg for my living room fire so I want to go all lpg.

5. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

You think oils expensive!

Wait till your trying to run the house on lpg :)

• Like Like x 6
  6. Dotty

Dotty Guest

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

You will pay moe on lpg!

• Like Like x 1
  8. gasmanrob

gasmanrob Plumber GSR

Do you have neighbours nearby on oil? It's common place these days for residents to pool their money together and purchase at the same time for a Breyer rate. There are websites available that help you do this might even be the one croppie has posted.

oil is currently the cheapest fuel to heat your home with thanks to the dip in oil prices.

9. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Same from me, - stick with oil. It is the cheapest & actually wasn't too bad even when oil prices were higher.
    Take a look at the way you use your heating if you think your are spending too much. Try not to have cold starts with your heating - in other words, turn it on & leave it on when you need heat. First hour heat up is the long burn cycle of the burner & every hour after that is a diminishing fraction of burn time. Use your wall stats properly also.
    Get your boiler properly set up in a service.

10. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Oil price for 900 litre Kerosine is £306 in this part of UK at present.
    Slightly cheaper for larger quantities

11. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Look at more energy efficient controls. Insulation.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OilBoy

OilBoy New Member

36.04ppl for Kero at the moment...