Search the forum,

Discuss 6mm Copper Elbow!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moorem

Does anyone know of where I can get some 6mm 90 degree copper elbows?
End /capillary are my preferred or even solder ring would do.
I've found some on EBay but the supplier wanted over £10 per piece!!!!
I need 10 of them for a project I'm working on.

Thanks for reading.

Martin

Thanks.... I found loads of suppliers selling equipment but nobody selling 6mm copper elbows.

is 6mm not commercial as i am sure my local chinese ask for them ages ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Untitled.jpg

Aha! Found some 1/4" elbows on Ebay. £7 for 10 units all the way from China with postage included - so I bought 40 of the things. I can afford to wait. Past experience has proven that deliveries from China have been faster than from the USA which was another source but more expensive.
I found one supplier on EBay selling them at nearly £14 a unit so £6.10 per unit would seem cheap!
Not 6mm but I can cope with the 0.014" (14 thou) difference in diameter.

Thanks very much to everyone for your time and comments.

Regards

Martin

Don't be silly.

To be honest i think he has a point.
That word represents the kind of ignorance and casual racism that has pervaded our society for too long.

Its common usage does not make it acceptable.

Tell you what. The discussion regarding what is and what is not perceived as racism is for a completely different thread. This one will be getting back on track.

But I will tell you that the very first bona fide Chinese person to complain to me about the word and I will take necessary action. I won't do on the basis of white people's perception of political connectedness.

There will be no more discussion on the matter on this thread. Start a new one if you want.

Crikey... where did racism come into it or even raise its ugly head?
I was rather impressed that someone was industrious enough to be able to supply from the other side of the world! I admire that enterprise.
As for what these bends are for... well they are for a heat exchanger I've designed - the condenser coil - in a 3" vertical still called a "Bokabob".
Purely for essential oils of course - but its still a plumbing job so this seemed like the best forum to get best advice
Regards to everyone.

what about using 8mm pipe for the elbow. won't 6mm fit in 8mm? i'm sure tom plumb had a video about adapting microbore

I don't have an awful lot of space between the coils of the condenser. 15mm centre feed with 3 concentric coils of 6mm pipe with a finished diameter of 72mm which means just a tad under 3mm space between each coil layer.
Im going to start making these to sell so they have to look neat with tight joints and fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6mm Copper Elbow!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock