Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Adam100
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 2K

Discuss 6089 or 6189 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam100

Hi folks,

I have read over many threads on this forum but I think it has actually made me a little more confused!! Can you just simply tell me is it the 6089 or 6189 that I need to gain the proper qualification before I can go on and do my level 3 and become an "advanced plumber" Obviously I intend to go out and gain hands on work as well as working in college hands on and theory!

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Basically you need nvq 3 in plumbing with ccn1. You can only get an nvq by doing the 6189 technical certificate. It is actually part of the nvq.

And, to gain your nvq, you need to be working in the trade so an assessor can come out and assess you and sign off your portfolio

Basically you need nvq 3 in plumbing with ccn1. You can only get an nvq by doing the 6189 technical certificate. It is actually part of the nvq.

And, to gain your nvq, you need to be working in the trade so an assessor can come out and assess you and sign off your portfolio

Thanks for your reply mutley, everyone keeps on telling me different things!

No worries feller. I think now though, just to make it more confusing, nvq's are not around any more. It is a thing called QCF. which grades you for each section you do. Very confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6089 or 6189 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock