Search the forum,

Discuss £6000?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

badbob

Been quoted £6000 for the following. :eek:

Cloakroom downstairs. Wall has been tiled, just needs grouting.
Room approx 1.5m, L shaped, with 50cm on the
Finish off tiling for floor understairs toilet (about 1M sq)
Grout floor and wall tiling
New WC, 35-40cm basin & trap, fit. Already have taps, plug & sink grid.
Fit light switch and flush light (bought those) Flex pipe fitted for WC just needs connecting to new WC.
Repair wall plaster (one or two holes size of 50p coint) fit new coat hanger (bought those) Paint wall, fit toilet roll holder & towel holder (bought those)
So for that job, builder to supply WC, basin, trap, grout and extra pipework to fit WC/basin.

Work out about £280 for materials (wc, basin, trap)

Upstairs bathroom, approx 3m x 3m
New floor (wanted bamboo but said bad idea, will warp etc) not sure what he specced out.
Tile to ceiling with £10 per sq. /M tiles.
Steel bath Saniform plus. Have my own bath tap.
Wood bath panel
WC, 55cm basin, pedastal and fit. Have my own tap.
New wood door and frame
Thermostatic shower, head & riser. Shower rail/
500x800mm chrome towel radiator, valves & thermostat
Paint ceiling
Fit light switch (bought myself)

I work out physical materials around £1350 (floor, underlay, bath, thermostatic shower/riser/head, rail, basin + pedastal, wc, radaitor & valves) excluding things like grout, tile edging, glue, tile adhesive etc.

Builder to supply floor, underlay, wall tiles, bath, bath panel basin, pedastal, pipework, radiator & valves, thermostatic shower mixer/head/riser& rail.

Labour = £4300? :rolleyes:

Seems very high, considering I've bought the taps which is roughly £220 (bath/basin) plus push up waste for both.

Last edited by a moderator:
4400... thats labour for 2 people for 2 weeks roughly... plus sorting of materials, overheads etc...

I dont think its completely unreasonable.

I will prep the room (remove old wallpaper & tiles, clean wall & ceiling) I'll leave floor alone. Also requested not over the top price for parts, ie I know some steel baths are £1000, shower £800, radiator £400, just no need for it.. bath £300, shower £200-£250, radiator £150-200.

Doubt it'll take 2 weeks for 2 people, the boiler was done in 2 days.

Room closer to 2.5 m for for walls, that's 25m square but deduct door, window & bath panel

2 weeks 2 people? that is 4 weeks 1 man?

Are you serious?

I know lads that would bash that out in 4-5 days!

Think they may have priced it so they did not get job or if they do they got a bonus for working siduation

That's damn stupid if he over priced because he doesn't want to do it. I could understand if the bathroom was 2' high full of excrement. Wall paper is peeling off but so what?:rolleyes:

Is he right about wood flooring, bad idea for bathrooms? I'm looking at these floorboards

Bamboo Flooring Company - Quality Bamboo Floors

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £6000?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock