Search the forum,

Discuss £60 a week on gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted a Intergas 36/30 a few weeks ago and the customer is complaining that they are using £60 a week on gas. There are no leaks on the system and I suppose if there was one it would have to be very bad to cause £60.

They are on a pre payment meter though, could it be faulty?

Could they be on a horrendous tariff?

Apparently they were bad debtors and thats why it was fitted. Could it be some sort of debt recovery?

PS - before I fitted the new boiler they were on an immersion heater as the boiler had broken down months ago

Cheers guys

probably paying back old debt, pre payments arent cheapest tariff either. prehaps they need to use their programmer and rm stat a bit more efficiently. I run a gas aga and 28kw combi and that only costs av of £20 a week

Fitted a Intergas 36/30 a few weeks ago and the customer is complaining that they are using £60 a week on gas. There are no leaks on the system and I suppose if there was one it would have to be very bad to cause £60.

They are on a pre payment meter though, could it be faulty?

Could they be on a horrendous tariff?

Apparently they were bad debtors and thats why it was fitted. Could it be some sort of debt recovery?

PS - before I fitted the new boiler they were on an immersion heater as the boiler had broken down months ago

Cheers guys

Im sure I've heard of debt recovery on meters. There's no way a high efficiency boiler can use that much gas!

Debt recovery mate. Guarenteed mate. They will be snatching money back quicker than they can top it up.

Not your problem if you have tested for tightness give them gas suppliers no and manufacturers no.
i think on the pre payment meters if they were in debt they take part of the debt each time they top up which will increase the bill but not 100 percent

No your problem if they are paying back their debt. You can check by playing about with the buttons. Cant remember the sequence as i've never did it for a while.

Seems to ring true as when I fitted the boiler she had £1 on the meter on a friday. I told her to top up and she put £30 on. Monday morning I got a call back saying boiler had locked out its all your fault etc etc..........yep you guessed it no credit on meter.

Landlord is a real pain, still owes £250 1.5 months after install as he hasnt got the gas safe cert yet

Seems to ring true as when I fitted the boiler she had £1 on the meter on a friday. I told her to top up and she put £30 on. Monday morning I got a call back saying boiler had locked out its all your fault etc etc..........yep you guessed it no credit on meter.

Landlord is a real pain, still owes £250 1.5 months after install as he hasnt got the gas safe cert yet

Why would you worry about if you haven't been paid in full? I wouldn't honour the guaranty either.

Waiting to get paid before I cut off all comms with the muppet

Tbh, the amount of late it is chances are you won't. Anymore phone calls, just say no workmanship or materials warranty until paid in full. Your well within your rights.

Working on HA jobs you get this a lot. If it is there debt tough luck if it is someone else's they need to phone the supplier and get it taken off.

One poor girl I worked for took a flat on and put her last £20 on to the gas meter to last her until she got paid. It took most of it and the meter showed £180 in debt.

Working on HA jobs you get this a lot. If it is there debt tough luck if it is someone else's they need to phone the supplier and get it taken off.

One poor girl I worked for took a flat on and put her last £20 on to the gas meter to last her until she got paid. It took most of it and the meter showed £180 in debt.

Ofgem will test their meter for them, for a mere £95...

30% of what you put in will be for the gas you use. 70% will be to pay off an outstanding debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £60 a week on gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock