Search the forum,

Discuss 6 or 14 plate heatexchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holedoctor

hi can anyone tell me i was quoted 100 for a 6 plate water to water heat exchanger but have seen 14 plate exchangers on ebay for 60 to 70. does more plates mean better proformance and are these any good. is this a better way to go than a willis solasyphon as i dont have any experience with these.

thanks

A 14 plate will draw more heat from the source. It is up to you what you buy but a 6 plate will generally do.
If you are spending all that money on a solar setup don't skimp over a few quid. Do it right. Follow the MI's.
Btw you will never get your money back but it is good experience and you are saving something :)

A 14 plate will draw more heat from the source. It is up to you what you buy but a 6 plate will generally do.
If you are spending all that money on a solar setup don't skimp over a few quid. Do it right. Follow the MI's.
Btw you will never get your money back but it is good experience and you are saving something :)

Even in Scotland you will get your money back! I have a customer who's boiler has only been on for a total of 10mins in the two months since the solar install (and the immersion is not wired up) so that is saving something, in this case oil which equalls money.

Eco

Cost to install around 4K, lifespan 10 - 15 years, average savings @ 200/yr, increased maintainance costs. Better hope it lasts a bit longer than 15 years.

I know it works well, even here in Scotland and in the winter you still get some heat from it and cut your bills. But as with most things green should not really be looked at if you are looking for a return. As you said bigger returns against oil or lpg.

thanks for the replies but still a bit confused is 14 better than 6. i bought a 40 tube system for 1400 and in ireland i will get a grant of 1150 so a no brainer really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6 or 14 plate heatexchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock