Search the forum,

Discuss 6 bar expansion relief outlet keeps dripping into outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
right hello and welcome

common issue

but as its an unvented cylinder sorry to say you need to be qualified to work on them

also they need servicing every 1 max every 3 years

the red vessel is for your heating, pressure wise your looking around 1-1.5 bar cold and 2-2.5bar when the system is up to temperature

if this drops you may have a leak on your heating system or the pressure relief valve has failed / started to drip

As stated above, you need an unvented engineer. This is a special qualification that is needed to work on your cylinder. We have a find a plumber section on this site which might be worth a post. Hope that this helps:)

Welcome

There are a few other things, that course your prv to open. Genarally it's not a faulty prv. This is why you need someone who has experience and is trained and qualified to work on unvented cylinders.
Fitting the wrong parts, or safety devices not fitted in the correct sequence, can literally turn your cylinder into a bomb.
A good G3 register guy will sort your problem out very quickly.

Thank you very much guys, much appreciated. I'll post in correct section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6 bar expansion relief outlet keeps dripping into outlet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I hope someone might explain to me why the overflow from the expansion tank drips in the morning for about an hour after the heating fires up, it then stops and does not drip again during the day. I have a fully pumped "Y" system as show on the accompanying drawing the dripping occurs on the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'll try to describe my issue as best I can but I've attached a video and linked to some images below that might do a better job of explaining. Edit: Just noticed the video didn't upload. I'll try to upload to an external site and pop a link at the bottom when it's done. In the...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope you can help..I'm a total dunce when it comes to all things plumbing, apologies if posted in the incorrect forum too! Sorry this post is going to be quite long/descriptive but I was just hoping to get a second opinion on the methodology the plumber used to fix our boiler...
Replies
Views
R
Hi We live in Ruislip, HA47UY. Our PRV is leaking into our overflow. System has not had a service in over 3 years so will need one of these as well. I was unaware it needed this. This was a video I made to explain the issue which I now realise requires an expert. You need to click on the...
Replies
Views
Rueben Derrick
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock