Search the forum,

Discuss 40mm waste to existing imperial soil stack. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

burb mac

Hi folks,
I am going to replace kitchen sink waste pipe with metric. This however feeds into an imperial soil stack. Last time I did this I found the smaller metric pipe didn’t seal properly. What’s the correct procedure?
Thanks in advance.

i think i would be inclined to use a compression coupler and cut the pipe leaving the imperial pipe in the soil stack and connect the new pipe with the coupler

steve

i think i would be inclined to use a compression coupler and cut the pipe leaving the imperial pipe in the soil stack and connect the new pipe with the coupler

steve
Thanks Steve for the reply.
On further investigation I wonder if the existing pipe is 50mm and not imperial. Never knew they existed, never seen them in DIY stores!
I note from going on proper plumbers merchants websites that you can get a 50mm to 40 mm adapter, never seen them in the stores either!
You would think these items would be in demand and available from the stores that seem to sell the lot!
Apparently not!
Thanks again.
Bob

The big sheds carry a very limited selection of plumbing and heating fittings indead some manufacturers refuse to supply to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 40mm waste to existing imperial soil stack. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
M
5th floor flats washing machine waste runs internally down to our 3rd floor flats bath waste then further down through to the other side of the house to enter the soil stack on the first floor flat The sink in our bathroom falls internally to the stack at the first floor flat. Also if the...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm connecting a long run of 50mm solvent weld waste pipe from a shower to the stack (compliant with regs hence 50mm). The soil stack branch is Hunter and I bought a Hunter solvent weld boss adapter to fit on it. However, the waste pipe (Floplast I think)is a loose fit in the adapter...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to connect a kitchen sink to a soil stack but the soil stack has an inspection hatch and what looks like a reducer into a clay pipe into the floor making it very difficult to fit a boss. This should be pretty straightforward with a boss, but the level where the boss needs to fit is...
Replies
Views
Hi all We're having an old belfast sink fitted in our WC/utility room. We'd like to use the existing old waste; and by all accounts it'd be a pig's jacksie to remove even if we wanted to! The threaded section in the photo measures approx. 1.88" / 47.8mm outside diameter and 1.24" / 31.5mm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock