Search the forum,

Discuss 36v drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taffman

Hello all,
Please can anyone recommend a 36v drill?
thanks in advance.

That's just a link chappers, you can get it way cheaper than that,

I'm sure I was £400. There's loads of different 36v models and a huge variation of price lists

Assuming the question is about sds drills?

The larger Bosch is prob the best value for money. You can get one with 2 4ah batts and the quick chuck for just over 500 squids. 3x batts for around 580.

If your only going to drill small to med holes the small Bosch is really good and runs for ages on one batt.

If you have 1200 squids then get the hilti with the 6ah batts

or if you want to try one get the milwaukee m18 fuel so you can tell us what it's like :)

The he makita is a good drill but has only 2.6 ah batts and not many other 36v tools to keep it warm.

Last edited:
No way, the new one isn't that much stronger !

It seems to be true, I didn't believe it either as it's so much more powerful than anything else around unless Milwaukee have decided to use a
different method/criteria for measuring impact energy, even the 28V (non FUEL) SDS only puts out 2.8J or the Bosch 36v (3J) by comparison.

IF it's a fiddle it wouldn't be the first time they've not been absolutely truthful about specs...notice their M12 (12v) drill range. When every other small cordless drill manufacturer
uses 10.8v lithium ion cells and labels their products accordingly Milwaukee chose to label theirs after what they can over charge the cells to rather than what they are rated at,
they still use 3 x 3.6v lithium cells like everybody else.

It seems to be true, I didn't believe it either as it's so much more powerful than anything else around unless Milwaukee have decided to use a
different method/criteria for measuring impact energy, even the 28V (non FUEL) SDS only puts out 2.8J or the Bosch 36v (3J) by comparison.

IF it's a fiddle it wouldn't be the first time they've not been absolutely truthful about specs...notice their M12 (12v) drill range. When every other small cordless drill manufacturer
uses 10.8v lithium ion cells and labels their products accordingly Milwaukee chose to label theirs after what they can over charge the cells to rather than what they are rated at,
they still use 3 x 3.6v lithium cells like everybody else.

thats an american sales thing tho mate as most batts peak above the rated output. Dewalt as well as others use the same selling tack. Milwaukee just never changed m12 to m10.8 for the eu which is understandable. They call the 10.8 12v because the cells give a peak voltage around 12v. Dewalt call there 18vXR range 20vmax in the USA because it has a peak voltage of20v.

As as for the joules for a hammer drill most use ETPA measuring scale from memory but they use imperial in the USA so it depends if they bothered to retest for the eu to ETPA or just convert the figure.

I prefer to just drill holes.

i find to much hammerage can be a bad thing, just end up smashing thing to bits and making a mess for the sake of drilling the hole 0.78th of a second quicker.

I have the large bosch 36v i think its a bit too aggressive for most jobs ( smashing bricks etc ) Brother has the bosch compact 36v which is much easier to hold doesnt smash bricks and quite a bit cheaper i think

I'm the same, don't tend to use my bosch 36v much now although not installing as much as I've done before. It's too heavy and clumsy for a lot of stuff like clips, rads etc so prefer using an 18v hammer drill with those bosch blue bits. Big holes I'll grab the corded drill purely because the box is designed to take the 600mm bits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 36v drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hello to everyone.Im a newbie here. plumbing & heating+GSR engineer.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock