Search the forum,

Discuss 300 litre Cistern has 15mm pipe to supply power shower . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

I have job to do .

Hotel has 4 cisterns x 300 L water each cistern supplying two rooms with electric power shower 8.5 kW power that need to have min. 8m/min water flow .
Power shower no heating water.

Flow rate is below 7-7.5

No chance for pumps because system is complete mess .

So what I think is better solution to change from 15 mm that supplying rooms 28 mm from cistern to the point where pipe going to the ceiling which will be around 1.5 m .

So 1.5 m 28 mm and then 15 mm to the room .
What do you think ????
Is that wip

Electric showers also need minimum pressure and from what you describe it's not being achieved, electric showers should be mains fed

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
Electric showers also need minimum pressure and from what you describe it's not being achieved, electric showers should be mains fed

Hot and cold power shower mate (tank and cylinder)

And op what is the total distance from the cylinders and tanks to the showers aprox?

Problem is that water to the hotel coming from spring in hills so is no mains . Everything is fed from 300 l cistern.

The distance is approx 1.5 m so I am thinking if I will use 28 》22》15 28mm it will increase flow and pressure.... Is that right ?

But later on power shower no heating water

Op can you confirm does the shower need both hot and cold or just cold ?

That's how I read it, but then presumed no for not

It sounds as if:

1. Each hotel room has a power shower which requires a hot and cold feed.
2. The hot feed for each is taken from a 300litre hot water cylinder which also supplies one other hotel room.
3. The cold feed arrangements are not specified, but if 1. is correct then it must be taken from a cold water storage cistern.
4. The showers are inadequate (or presumably no changes would be sought)
5. The OP believes these showers require 8.5Kw of electrical power, but this is incorrect. More likely to be 250W to 500W maximum to drive the pump.
6. The OP believes the showers each require 8m/min minimum water flow. This may be an incorrect expression of some minimum pressure requirement.

If the OP would care to confirm / contradict the above points, and also supply:

1. The make and model of the showers. AND
2. Some idea of the total length, diameter and number of elbows on both hot and cold feeds.

We might have a better chance of making a positive comment.

I believe it says cistern, not hot water cylinder,

1. Power showers are feed with only cold water from 300 l cistern with
15 mm plastic pipe .

2 and 3
Is no hot feed is six rooms and 3 x 300l cisterns that supply the rooms with cold water by using 15mm plastic pipe .

Shower requires 8.5kW but is powered by 230W

I have check water flow and is below 8l/min 6.5-7l/min
Everything is feed by 15mm pipe straight from cold water cistern .
Is 4 elbows that is reducing tje pressure.
I'll use no elbows everything will be bend on pipe bender .

I hope that will help .

Regards
Mirek

It's not a power shower op it's an electric shower and can't be fed off tank as they require a min of 0.8 bar of pressure

As ShaunCorbs has said, they are designed to be run off the mains. In theory they could be run from a cistern, provided this was about 10 metres (4 storeys) above the height of the shower head, but if the cistern runs dry there is a serious risk of scalding to anyone having a shower at the time.

Given the difficulty there has been in establishing what you are dealing with you might consider the dangers of continuing outweigh the value of the work.

Well all that effort, it's an 8.5kw shower run off cold water tank, minimum you need 0.7-1.0 bar pressure with minimum 8 litre/minute flow rate, unless you can provide the pressure they won't work.

Possibly an accumulator, but there are others more commercially inclined who will give better advice.

There are electric showers with an integral pump built inside which are gravity fed and need only 8cm of head. I've installed these in b and b's due to mains being starved. Might be looking into and might be an easier fix for you. Noisy beggars though! The ones I've used are made by triton

I've also fitted a pumped electric shower before. The pump and 8.5KW heater are both inside the unit. Worked a treat in a similar situation but yes, very noisy indeed!

Mira elite 2 is one example of a cistern fed electric shower. Noisey buggers indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 300 litre Cistern has 15mm pipe to supply power shower . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock