Discuss 25 year old commercial metering engineer looking for experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorDrew92

Commercial Metering Engineer
Hello guys,

Been a memeber for quiet a while now and some great advice given.

For the last 4 years I’ve been working as a sub contractor working for the gas suppliers fitting and exchanging gas meters u6 to u160’s And rotary meters.

As with all contracting work it’s started to dry up I’m going to be sitting my domestic appliance tickets at the end of the month but wondered if There was anyone looking for a extra pair of hands to allow me to gain experience in the field of serving breakdowns and installs.

I’m based in Essex and hold domestic and commercial tickets for pipework and metering aswell as purging

If anyone could help me out or point me in the right direction that would be great

It depends on whether you have CCN1 or CMA1. If you have CMA1 then you are in for a shock as there is no real easy way to get your boiler ticket other than doing CCN1.

Yeah I hold CCN1 as I hold CODNCO1,

Need one for the other.

Really just looking for jumping on with someone to gain experience

My advice would be to gen up and start installing yourself. Worcester do a very good install course if you want to start with Worcester. That's one thing you can't fault Worcester for is there support....they are first class for that and is the reason why so many choose Worcester. Repairs is more tricky and its a skill you pick up and personally I dislike because its mainly electronics these days and the day you come across a Halstead is the day you wish you had worn your gloves because they are like razors

The ideal course is just a sales pitch so avoid that one.

Cheers for the advice Richard,

I’ll have alook tonight to see if there running some training near me.

Appreciate the time to reply to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 25 year old commercial metering engineer looking for experience in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back