Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm straight TRV ??? Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frank G

Hi All I am a newbie to this site and as often happens I suppose I arrive with a problem. I have a conservatory with under floor heating. It has three coils of 15mm plastic heating pipe in between the joists.The three flow and three returns are fed by a 22mm. flow and return copper pipe from the boiler .
As usual I made the mistake of buying the 15 mm TRV's and then planning the job. I need to fit a TRV in the 22 mm.flow or return prior to the manifold to control the heating. So I suppose I need a 22mm straight TRV. I have asked a couple of people and have been told they don' exist. I find this a bit hard to believe. but what do I know I am an electrician.
If I put a 15mm TRV in with a reducer on each side I am afraid it will over restrict the flow.
If any one out there has any ideas I would be delighted to hear from them. Help please
Regards Frank G

You really should fit a blending valve and pump, otherwise you gonna hit your floor with 65c plus water in pulses. It will be in even, erratic and even dangerous. Would you let your toddler walk on a belting hot rad? That's what your trying to turn your floor into. Have you adder biocides? Fernox f10?

Electrician? Ugh, pugh

I'm trying to connect my six ring induction hob via a 1.5mm2 twin and earth is it possible to get wifi as I'm trying to nail cables to granite worktop but nails bounce off....... Oh I need part P? But it's just a bit of electric?

Hi Frank
Your description of your ufh design is not unacceptable, as has been said, you need the correct controls to keep to the system design temperature of around 40 degrees.

Myson blending valve ÂŁ80, pump ÂŁ65 two port ÂŁ45. Will send pic!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377120318.552047.jpg

This feeds garage ( tiled floor ) and workshop also upstairs rooms.

Water from boiler into two port on rhs, into Magnaclean, through blending valve and through pump on to flow manifold, return from floor pipes up into bottom of blending valve ( thing with white nob) also return from pipes tees into boiler return but has a balancing valve on it. Each circuit of pipe should have a balancing valve so that you can make them all same resistance to flow and thus equal temp.

It's a blending valve not a tmv they are not the same thing! Do I detect a touch of sarcasm? Or are you inferring that I'm a chump for using a wilo pump?? All spare bits apart from mag. Don't for get Aav's on manifold ends

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow guys that's a great response.

Gasman - Thanks for that but I thought a valve like that was either open or closed with no increments as the temperature changed. I was hoping for a more variable device. Thanks anyway.

Zebedy - Thanks for your four posts.

Simon- Thanks for the tip Simon I will look at it. But I did a lot of research when I put the floor down.

Mountainman- Thanks for that . I put the 7m by 3.5 m. wooden floor down in the conservatory about 8 years ago and it has been great, we have had no condensation at all and even with outside temperatures around zero we have used the conservatory for family gatherings. We only need to top the heat up with a 1KW blower occasionally. There is 100mm of kingspan in the floor, the 150 ft of plastic pipe is laid on top between the joists and then the whole is filled with an 8 to 1 sand and cement mix. A board floor and carpet finish it off. This 8/1 mix sets hard but is friable and acts as a heat sink which lasts for hours.

Chris- Thanks Chris that is a brilliant solution, the remote thermostat means I can avoid all that messy plumbing to get the valve to where I can use it, I can put the valve under the floor on the return 22 mm. and the remote will fit in the conservatory.

This forum is brill, apart from the obvious exceptions it has provided great advise from people who know what they are talking about and are kind enough to be willing to help.
Many thanks to those of goodwill. Regards, A simple electrician

See guy's just give them what they what & they go away happy as Larry (or in this case "A simple electrician") LOL :stuart:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm straight TRV ??? Help please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock