Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm Compression to 1/4bsp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billsy

Hi all

I've been trying to find a 22mm Compression to 1/4bsp fitting for my garage compressor installation. Do they even exist? I can't seem to find one anywhere. I know I can use a 1/2 to 1/4 adapter but I would like to eliminate as many joints as possible.

Cheers

Use a 22mm x 3/4" female coupling then a 3/4 x1/2" brass bush. Then 1/2" x 1/4" bush. To get down from 3/4 to 1/4" you might try BES in Birmingham. They do mail order.

Use a 22mm x 3/4" female coupling then a 3/4 x1/2" brass bush. Then 1/2" x 1/4" bush. To get down from 3/4 to 1/4" you might try BES in Birmingham. They do mail order.

All in all around what 1 1/4" in length?

As above, if joints are a problem seal with stag, or gasket cement from motor factor. Being brass they can even be soldered.

Thanks guys. The issue isn't space, it's my plumbing ability. I just wanted to reduce the risk of air leaks. In the system. I'll have a go with the adapters mentioned and see how we get on. Joni thanks for the sealing options I will bear that in mind.

Cheers

Being all small size threaded stuff tighten firmly but not over tight like a gorilla or you can snap Brass oh so easily.

Thanks guys. The issue isn't space, it's my plumbing ability. I just wanted to reduce the risk of air leaks. In the system. Cheers

Easy check for air leaks is washing up liquid and water (plenty of bubbles mind) and spray or use hands to apply around the joints.

I've never seen one. Fastest route using plumbing fittings would be a 22 x 1/2 Female and a 1/2 x 1/4 bush

You can do it in two fittings if you can find them....

1/4(m) x 3/4bsp (f) + 22mm (comp) x 3/4 bsp(m)

Last edited:
What is this, Name this tune or something? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm Compression to 1/4bsp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock