Search the forum,

Discuss 2016. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comments in that report about Combi-boilers saving the public money. A few breakdowns (which with certain brands doesn't take long of course) and suddenly they aren't saving customers any money any more.

I think if the government really is determined to lose gas boilers in new-builds then the future is electric storage boilers and Solar PV panels on the roofs of new homes. Plenty of profit in new-builds to pay for these but will builders want to drop their profits to pay for them? House prices sure won't be going up any time soon.

The big difference is between houses towns / cities and stand alone new builds, one gent I know built a 2,000 sq foot bungalow the only heating is a 5Kw stove which is rarely used.

Insulation is the future.

The big difference is between houses towns / cities and stand alone new builds, one gent I know built a 2,000 sq foot bungalow the only heating is a 5Kw stove which is rarely used.

Insulation is the future.

Yes if you look at Scandinavia with several feet of high performance insulation it is a heads up to what we will have here as standard new build requirements sooner than we think.

There is too much money tied up in the national gas infrastructure for them not to find something else to poke down to the pipe to consumers.

A couple of years ago, up somewhere is the midlands there were using a hydrogen fuel cell to generate electric and heat for a house. The test system was running on natural gas to produce the hydrogen, but the idea was that in future hydrogen would be piped directly in instead of gas.

New builds are great for renewables as they are that well insulated but its everybody else whos houses will cost a fortune to get insulated and will pay a fortune for gas instead.

As for electric coming from gas I think in the near future most will come from nuclear power.
depend what you call the near future we were supposed to be building new nuclear stations now but the company that was doing it pulled out so we havent started yet what the need to do is find a way to burn coal without emmissions were sitting on mountains of the stuff

depend what you call the near future we were supposed to be building new nuclear stations now but the company that was doing it pulled out so we havent started yet what the need to do is find a way to burn coal without emmissions were sitting on mountains of the stuff

Far as I know it is possible to burn coal without naughty emissions using scrubbers in the flues, Denmark have a lot of power generating incinerators for waste disposal using that technology.

I heard the UK is heading for problems with electricity generation due to a serious lack of investment in new power stations, one of the reasons for the push on wind and PV.

i did not read all posts :
i dont think new builds are major factor for the heating industry .....HA is the one that I will be worried should they start fitting this new invention into the existing properties and I am worried really much what WE will be ripping out in 10 years when it comes to boiler/system upgrades
stainless still cy;linders and lots of 22/15/10 mm plastic pipes .....who knows price of plastic my rich the sky and copper to be as expensive as gold !
BG will be called
British Air Source

sorry to drag up an old thread but was reading a thread on the electriciansforum and wondered if this actually has happened?

Did it ********.
New builds are supposed to have a form of renewable enrgy but not exclusively so gas is still being installed as far as i know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2016. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock