Search the forum,

Discuss 2 wood burners and Thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
We are used to doing Link - Up systems between 1 wood burner and an oil boiler into a Thermal store ,but not 2 woodburners so I could do with some advice please . If I join the 2 flows into 1 pipe just before they enter the Store and I split the return just after it comes out of the store and as usual put a pump in each return will it work ok ?
The pipework to be 28mm Gravity circuits just assisted by a pump in each I dont know if I am explaining it properly , but I was wondering wether there would be any unwanted circulation between the 2 circuits . Thanks .

Just get a thermal store with all the tappings you need, job done.

I would have them both gravity.

To overcome any unwanted circulation you could fit none return valves considering you're pumping both circuits. However as ecowarm says "both gravity" means no need for pumps or none return valves!

Thanks Ecowarm and DiamondGas , I will do that . Do you recomend any particular manufacturer to customise a Store for me ? The property is a new build with 5 bedrooms , 2 bathrooms 3 showrerooms , 1 kitchen , 1 utility . So i am thinking 350 - 400 litre store . There is a 32mm MDPE cold main so plenty of flow .
Cheers .

I've a Newark cylinder in my house with tappings for solar, boiler & wood stove. It is only powered by the boiler at the moment and I'm waiting for the others for more time & money. They also do a triple insulation option...

Thanks I'll check that out . I need to compose an email to Newark as there is another job I need to estimate for .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 wood burners and Thermal store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock