Search the forum,

Discuss 2 port valve sticking open in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

It appears the 2 port valve for the heating is sticking/stuck open.

The heating is turned right down on the thermostat but when the hot water is on (separate 2 port valve) the radiators are also getting warm.

I'm hoping it doesn't need to be a new valve......

Thanks in advance!

Have one of the kids moved it to the 'manual setting' ?

If it's the motor that needs fixing, with some models, you can replace it without un-plumbing the valve. Manually opening and closing the valve part may unstick it. It will probably stick again relatively soon but it may buy you a few days to book a plumber.

I have no idea how you fix kids if they are the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 port valve sticking open in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to remove some radiators for redecorating and went to try and shut off the valves either side of my rad. I have TRV on one side and on the other side I noticed a blank top with no valve or peg sticking out that allows you to turn on or off (see pictures). I checked the other rads in...
Replies
Views
R
When the hot water is set to on, the radiators also warm up. Two 2-port valve / cylinder/gas boiler system. Seemed possible likely that the valve to the heating was sticking open (partially?). This valve was replaced the problem remains. What could be other possible causes? When the heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock