Search the forum,

Discuss 2 port valve or programmer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Heating

Gas Engineer
Hi. I'm needing a bit of reassurance.

I've had a long weekend, whilst enjoying my Sunday on the couch someone from around the corner called me to say their hot water wasn't working.

It's an S plan with 2x two port valves.

Heating works as it should on the timer and room stat.

Hot water is turned on at the programmer (drayton lifestyle lp522) red light comes on but everything is unresponsive. Moved the lever across on the hot water two port valve, microswitch clicks, pump runs, hot water flow gets hot, happy days.

I left them with a diagnosis of two port valve failure and have arranged a time to call back and change it next week. It's an old honeywell one, the heating one has already been replaced recently.

As I didn't have my multi meter and do any electrical tests and my head was hazy, I've since got a bit paranoid that it could be the programmer and I'll be left red faced when I call back next week.

I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance. Could I have got this one wrong?

Thanks for your time, Matt

Could still be the programmer, needs testing first. More than likely is the 2 port though.

Take the cover off the valve select h/w and watch if the micro switch makes or wether it fall short.

Take the cover off the valve select h/w and watch if the micro switch makes or wether it fall short.

By the sounds of it the synchron motors not spinning at all, so sounds like its either that, programmer or cyl stat

It's possible that manually opening valve has bypassed program and cylinder stat. Grey/Orange contact. Check program and cylinder stat. make brown wire live when calling hot water.

Would I be correct to test the valve, programmer and cylinder stat by calling for heat then testing the blue and brown wires of the valve for 240v? Only if the programmer and stat are working correctly then the valve can get power?

Would I be correct to test the valve, programmer and cylinder stat by calling for heat then testing the blue and brown wires of the valve for 240v? Only if the programmer and stat are working correctly then the valve can get power?

Call for heat then test the brown on the 2port, if theres 240 there but the sychron motor doesnt turn its that, if theres no 240 there then work back through the cylinder stat, then the HW On out the programmer.

Last edited:
The micro switch gets its power from the grey, permanent live. The motor gets its power from the brown, via call from cylinder stat and program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 port valve or programmer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock