Search the forum,

Discuss 2 Port Valve Operating But Still Intermittent Heating- New to this problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help appreciated to help me think this one through.. :)

Have changed the synchro motor

Gears are fine.. micro switch fully engages when hot water is switched on from timer.. you can see and hear the click from the microswitch

the switch is calling for the boiler to burn.. hot water no problem

Surely the microswitch, when off, closes the pipe to the cylinder and just directs the heated water into the central heating SO what triggers the call for central heating..maybe an open microswitch at the 2 port and a call from the room stat.

room stat is turned up

SO.. the room stat is faulty as the 2 port seems fine?

The heating sometimes works but sometimes doesn't.. an intermittent room stat fault?

It's an unvented system with solar water heating.. so two 2ports to the cylinder.

You must have another two port for your heating circuit.
Programmer-Room stat-MV- Boiler on !
you need to check the heating MV Surely.

MV = Motorised Valve.
There are two or three port types in most domestic installations like yours.

You normally would have an 'S' plan ( zone valves or two port valves, one for each zone e.g Hot water, Heating upstairs, Heating downstairs, Underfloor heating etc).

Or a 'Y' plan which is a three port valve ( one port to Heating and one port to Hot water)

What set up have you got?

The thing you mention about open microswitch and signal/voltage from room stat is not correct by the way

there is no three port.. with the cylinder are two two ports..

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
A two port can't control two circuits separately.

Is it possible you have another one you haven't seen

Can you post photos of what you have got.

found it.. there are three two ports

two are honeywell and the other is a danfoss.. pic here_IGP6880.jpg

so.. i guess this is the culprit? Guess Ii need to remove and check gearing, synchro motor and micro switch.

:)

Thankyou

Last edited:
found it.. there are three two ports

two are honeywell and the other is a danfoss.. pic hereView attachment 28422

so.. i guess this is the culprit? Guess Ii need to remove and check gearing, synchro motor and micro switch.

:)

Thankyou

I would check the voltages are correct (L+N) at the valve supply when there is a call for heat. Rather than pull it to bits. It could save you a lot of time and effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 Port Valve Operating But Still Intermittent Heating- New to this problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Trying to find out exactly what happens when my system boiler is called to supply the radiators and hot water cylinder at the same time. For example today, whilst the boiler was on heating the water, the room stat triggered the boiler to supply the rads. The diverter valve installed in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
My boiler struggled to circulate throughout my house so my heating engineer installed an auxilliary pump a few years ago. On a recent service he identified that the auxilliary pump was not working. He said that it was down to the motorised valve and he wants to charge £350 to replace it. He said...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock