Search the forum,

Discuss 2 inch Copper Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
6f3256ab7f195cc016216dd0cab80c24.jpg

Last year the 2 inch copper pipe had a split in it so I cut it off and replaced it with plastic and joined it back to the 2 inch copper with a universal compression fitting.

The last part of the pipe has now split so my options are:

Cut the elbow off and extend the plastic to there - but I'll only have about 3/4 inch to connect to

Or cut off the elbow and blank it off, open a new hole with a strap and connect it with plastic.

My questions are:

How do I know if the 4inch stack laying horizontal is iron or asbestos???

What of the two options would you choose?

I'm leaning towards a strap boss and a new hole but I've got little room for a drill as this is all between floors...

It's cast also I would replace it from the female iron in the cast stack

Can you not unscrewthat iron out of the boss? Then pop in a mcalpine iron to compression?
F00259_wm.jpg

Can you not unscrewthat iron out of the boss? Then pop in a mcalpine iron to compression?
View attachment 27248

I don't think this will fit - the pipe is 2 inch so the that female iron must be slightly bigger or 2 inch also. That mcalpine is inch an half and the male thread is inch an half also I think - I don't think they do a 2 inch - are there bushings available? Just done a search but came up with nada

have a look at mcalpine t12f reducer

none of those are 2 inch though - that female iron looks like 2 inch to me - or am I missing something (it's not unheard of haha)

UPDATE - the T12E is 2" to 1.5" ;)

I'm not convinced the female iron is 2 inch though - what do you guys think?

Polypipe Terrain 213.2

2"BSP Male Iron x 50mm S/W Socket.

As it looks tight you could go for the 217.2 which in a Spigot rather than a Socket then stick a 45 straight on it (201.2.135).

OMG I still remember all the codes how sad.

Last edited:
Polypipe Terrain 213.2

2"BSP Male Iron x 50mm S/W Socket.

As it looks tight you could go for the 217.2 which in a Spigot rather than a Socket then stick a 45 straight on it (201.2.135).

OMG I still remember all the codes how sad.

Nothing sad about that - I wish I had a memory like yours ;)

just be careful when putting old threads esp caste to plastic male irons

As we get older our memory gets a bit more selective. You can vividly remember things from years ago but can't remember where you were yesterday

I think it's the skirt we mostly remember!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 inch Copper Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock