Search the forum,

Discuss 1radiator not working return pipe hot only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi in need of advice please . Fitted a new grundfos pump and bled system and all rads upstairs and downstairs are working apart from the small rad in at the bottom of the stairs.i have isolated all rads and closed the lockshields and turned on boiler and all I’m getting is the return pipe at the small rad getting hot not the feedpipe ....it’s cold any ideas .

Turn off valves remove rad test you have water at both valves. Is the non working end a TRV?

Turn off valves remove rad test you have water at both valves. Is the non working end a TRV?
Hi the pipe to the trv is cold I have fired up the boiler turned the stat up and now another small rad in the downstairs loo is the same cold pipe work and yet the other big rads are working fine thanks

Whip the head off the trv could be the pin is stuck

Hi in need of advice please . Fitted a new grundfos pump and bled system and all rads upstairs and downstairs are working apart from the small rad in at the bottom of the stairs.i have isolated all rads and closed the lockshields and turned on boiler and all I’m getting is the return pipe at the small rad getting hot not the feedpipe ..it’s cold any ideas .
Check To see if there is 2 flows or 2 returns has this only happened after you fitted pump could be air ? Disconect pipe that is not geting hot nock off the side that is geting hot and run the pipe into a bucket or even better a hose that is not geting hot you should see the air Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1radiator not working return pipe hot only in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System was flushed just last year. Both flow and return values are fully open and don't stick. Boiler is serviced each year. Baxi combi boiler about 8 ton9...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok. Now one radiator won’t get hot. ALL rads contain water, I have bled all rads. No hot water getting to flow pipe of cold rad. All other rads are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock