Search the forum,

Discuss 18v sds drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all

Are these type of drills any good in comparison to a 110v??

Bosch all the way for 5.5 - 11mm holes easy all day

Ive got the Makita brushless sds. It really is as good as my 110v !

Ive got worx pro.
The tools are great. Robust and have lasted well.

The 18v worx pro batteries are ****.
So on that bombshell avoid

Cordless sds drills are as good as the same size corded drills. Only thing to consider is battery life. drilling fixings holes all day they are fine, drilling 20mm holes all day then get the 110 out.

Best cordless sds drills are made by Bosch unless you can afford a Hilti

Cordless sds drills are as good as the same size corded drills. Only thing to consider is battery life. drilling fixings holes all day they are fine, drilling 20mm holes all day then get the 110 out.

I've got the Milwaukee Fuel brushless SDS with 5Ah batteries. Ridiculously long battery life. I do genuinely feel that Milwaukee cordless are leagues ahead of Bosch these days...

I must be wealthy then. :smile:
Depends what model of Hilti you go for. Hilti "18 volt" are actually 21.6 volt. Their smallest sds cordless drill TEA2-A22 (which is for up to 12mm drilling normal use) is not expensive. I was once able to buy it on a deal of ÂŁ130 (+vat) for body and case.
https://www.hilti.co.uk/drilling-and-demolition/cordless-rotary-hammers/2034358

Last edited:

I also have the milwaukee cordless SDS with 5ah batts.
I use it for all core work unless its through a 2 foot thick stone or flint wall etc, then I get the 101v SDS out.. but like masood says, through normal cavity wall, its just as good

ive had 3 milwaukee cordless sds drills and all were okish, but not a touch on the 36v bosch for overall performance and tool life. maybe the 4.5j fuel is a good drill, not tried it but id still choose a bosch 36v ahead of it based on the thousands of happy bosch customers.

Hi chaps. Are you saying the 18v cordless sds are as good as a 110v or the 36v stuff?

for me the bosch was the worst of all the SDS tools i used..

weird innit, how one mans meat is another poison, even with tools

I've got the Milwaukee Fuel brushless SDS with 5Ah batteries. Ridiculously long battery life. I do genuinely feel that Milwaukee cordless are leagues ahead of Bosch these days...

I rate these two, I drill 24mm holes. But it runs out after one or two that size. On another note I bought the vac that uses these batteries, great bit of kit. Great for servicing and tidying whilst installing. Wouldn't be without it now.

Well took delivery today and although I'm yet to use it I don't think it's gonna do the job. ??

Well took delivery today and although I'm yet to use it I don't think it's gonna do the job. ??

? What size holes ? It looks small but does pack a punch

Last edited:
I still use my old Makita 12v SDS and that can "eventually" knockout a 28mm hole in solid double brick if pushed so you should be fine with that with or without a 5A bat, all that does is extend run time not increase power.

I'm not a happy chap folks.
I managed to do 8, 6mm holes with a fully charged 4ah battery.

one hole? and not happy or happy?

Doesn't sound normal, you should be able to knock out dozens of holes with a 4A bat unless you're drilling something incredibly hard or the SDS bit is crackered.

Doesn't sound normal, you should be able to knock out dozens of holes with a 4A bat unless you're drilling something incredibly hard or the SDS bit is crackered.

New Bosch sds plus bits mate.
It's poured concrete mate.

No something not right is it still wet?

Mine would drill 7mm holes in concrete all day, no problem. Sething not right!

The top surface isn't mate. The batteries are ok cos they last all day on the impact and combi?

Don't know mines upto 48 holes at 11mm today and still got 1/2 bats levels left

5.0 ah

Last edited:
Is the mode selector actually on the SDS setting (12 o'clock) and not just the drilling setting (9 o'clock)? Make sure the selector is positively located and not in between modes.

Last edited:
Hmm I wonder what the issue is then. Definitely at 12 o'clock.

I would try drilling into a curb stone somewhere / spare concrete dry if it doesn't do more than 8 holes ring Bosch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 18v sds drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock