Search the forum,

Discuss 10x3 brass screws in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrdog

hi does anyone know where i can get a box of 10x3 brass screws from (needed to fix toilet pans down) my local city plumbing/plumb center screwfix dont stock them anymore .

Thanks for your quick reply , i thought i would have a look on ebay and there is someone selling a box of 280 10x3 brass screws for £17.99 with free postage (seems very cheap). i dont normally buy from ebay but these look ok they come in 35 packs of 8 thanks again happy days

These are good as well NAIL.JPG

the tip when buying screws is the rare size cost 5x more.
i.e 3&1/4'' may be £5.60 whereas 3'' £20 or number 12's even cheaper!
dont forget the longer the brass the weaker they are, i use black passivated screws(like drywall).

once ordered 5,000 1/2''x14's once when running the stores, i was told top all screws to 5,000 by the storeman who was on holiday.
they were £93 per box of 400 that was late 80's.lol

hi does anyone know where i can get a box of 10x3 brass screws from (needed to fix toilet pans down) my local city plumbing/plumb center screwfix dont stock them anymore .

you tried screwfix ?????

other fixing kits are available :)

Stainless is more popular than Brass nowadays.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ultra-screw-woodscrews-double-countersunk-5-x-70mm-100-pack/80260

Stainless is more popular than Brass nowadays.

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/ultra-screw-woodscrews-double-countersunk-5-x-70mm-100-pack/80260

I agree but use ss bits else you will have rust marks

Ive found the stainless steel screws to be a bit weak sometime though, although I usually just use what comes with the pan

Last edited:
Ive found the stainless steel screws to be a bit weak sometime though, although I usually just use what comes with the pan

Normally no screws come with the pans well the ones I use (twyfords or arm don't have any) what do you use ?

I like the square drive brass screws. The screwdriver won't slip off the head on them because it will be capable of angling a little, which is ideal for screwing in the screws on a cistern to wall.
Slotted brass screws not as good.
The stainless steel screws can vary in corrosion proof.
What are we doing talking about screws on a Saturday night? I must get back to my other half! :grin:

I like the square drive brass screws. The screwdriver won't slip off the head on them because it will be capable of angling a little, which is ideal for screwing in the screws on a cistern to wall.
Slotted brass screws not as good.
The stainless steel screws can vary in corrosion proof.
What are we doing talking about screws on a Saturday night? I must get back to my other half! :grin:

Square Lok ain't that common on the mainland.

Square Lok ain't that common on the mainland.

Sorry, I didn't know that! That is very weird! Steel square drive screws are best screws for sparks, especially holding one on the end of a screwdriver to fix a ceiling switch or rose above your head.
Square drive brass screws are also I find better for screwing standard toilet pans down because the screwdriver can angle

Sorry, I didn't know that! That is very weird! Steel square drive screws are best screws for sparks, especially holding one on the end of a screwdriver to fix a ceiling switch or rose above your head.
Square drive brass screws are also I find better for screwing standard toilet pans down because the screwdriver can angle

I know! I never knew they existed until I moved over here. The first one I came across left me thinking "what the hell is that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 10x3 brass screws in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock