Search the forum,

Discuss "! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muhim123

hello all.

im a 2391 electrian preparing to get NICEIC registered.

ever since m old potterton boiler used to play up, id have the cover off and look inside.

ive wired Y plan systems at work

i put in my own bathroom and kitchen, moved rads and that was my intro to plumbing.

ive installed many a shower and extractor fan, jacuzzi's moved rads etc

my cousins just done his foundation gas and has submitted his portfolio( he worked for a mutual friend) and has done a couple of elements and has talked me into doing the same.

ive always been fascinated by boilers and fault finding .

iv had a read of his OSG and alot is about flueing. Ive had a good read of some boiler manuals on the internet as well as my baxi 33he. ive got a manometer and if i get on the course in september ill get a decent burner and flue tester!!

anyway thats all about me !

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi muhim123 and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

can anyone definitively tell me if the portfolio is something that is structured an d u fill it in with photos and signatures, or whether u make the structure up urself??

I just received mine from the college I'm hoping to attend. It gives a list and check boxes of what is needed. Contact the local college for ACS initial.

just had a look on utube where a chap does a , visual, spillage test and flu flow tests on a gas fire. he even had his dust mat out. really good stuff. he removes the fire and checks the closure plate as well.

also had a look at a demo about how 'thermoelectric flame supervision devices work'

ive checked, my gas fire has one

2 spring loaded valvesin failsafe positions, push button to let gas inot pilot. piezo electric ignites pilot. thermocouple heats up producing 64mv in my gas fire energising electromagnet thus keeping top valve open for floe to pilot. releasing button aloows gas to burner. bloody brilliant. something thats simply overlooked could be so simple yet ingenious.

also about the pressure 20mbar input and 18.3 working.

i get 22 at my meter.

what other info is required for het1??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock