Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

10 posts

Discussion in 'Insurance for Plumbers' started by Gmal1, Mar 3, 2013.

Discuss 10 posts in the Insurance for Plumbers area at

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gmal1

Gmal1 Guest

Don't want to be clogging up the forum but need 10 posts to get some advice. For a site witch has so many rules for being "nice" no-one is overly friendly on here. I am Gsr and have sent a message to redsaw but I'm shy of a few posts before any1 takes me serious. Happy Sunday guys!
  2. Dotty

Dotty Guest

Best thing my friend is to go to the new members forum, introduce yourself and say hello to a few others.

I've gone through your post history and from what I can see you've had polite and friendly responses to your posts.

You are, however, asking for advice on the repair of a boiler and we have a strict policy prohibiting the giving of advice on such matters in open forum.

I don't see that as being unfriendly.
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Ray Stafford

Ray Stafford Guest

Hi Gmal, and welcome to the forum.

Actually, we are a mega-cheerful and friendly bunch, just very careful with the gas side. Remember that if this was discussed on an open forum, an answer directed at you, and worded in a way that a GSR engineer would understand, could also be read by any member of the public, which could encourage some dangerous have-a-go-hero to blow up his street.

The best way to boost the post count is to join in some of the discussions on other threads. There's plenty to choose from.

Another time honoured way to win friends and influence people is to cast aspersions on the sexuality, professionalism and personal hygiene of the forum moderators. :)
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Gmal1

Gmal1 Guest

You have been polite croppie- this advice is smashing I will probably find this new members forum sometime in the next few hours. I have never used a forum or chat site before so this is all quite complex for me. It's great when the threads not closed and I get a chance to reply. I have had a look through some threads- very informative! Can't wait to get involved
    • Like Like x 3
  5. kay-jay

kay-jay Trusted Plumber GSR

welcome along gmal:smile5:
  6. Dotty

Dotty Guest

As long as you know that a thread's closed because of what's been posted and that we're not getting at you personally.

Ray put it across rather well, though I shall be having words with him about casting aspersions on the mods personal hygiene!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gmal1

Gmal1 Guest

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dotty

Dotty Guest

Golf. Waste of a good walk...
    • Like Like x 2
  9. michael c

michael c Plumber GSR

Welcome along gmal
  10. Kyle87

Kyle87 Guest

Hi Gmal.

A good way to increase post count and get people to know you is to head to the hints and tips thread and share your tricks of the trade.

As soon as I see a new post on that thread I fly to it!!
  11. Billy Bob Bob

Billy Bob Bob Guest

hi gmal1 i look forward to grilling you when you send me your gsr details:6: only joking mate if you know your stuff its not a issue welcome along
  12. CES

CES Trusted Plumber GSR

As said already, Welcome to the Forum Gmal. :waving:
  13. REDSAW

REDSAW Guest

well, some one has to say it croppie!!!lol
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dotty

Dotty Guest

I bloody well showered this morning! And yesterday.

I'm always at my freshest at the beginning of the month.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. REDSAW

REDSAW Guest

flux no good without the