Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss 1 or 2 mill insurance? in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cure1973

cure1973 Guest

Hi everyone
    Just wondered what cover you should have for a ltd company? Is 1 million enough cover?
    I will only be working in domestic situations...
    Thanks
    Dan

PS Hi I'm new here!

2. kris

kris Trusted Plumber GSR

Hi mate, depends on you, i used to have 1mill insurance but if your gonna be joining different bodies like im snipef which require you to have 2mill minimum , and the difference isnt much to purchase,

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Welcome along, wouldn`t go ltd straight away, check out recent thread on this topic.

4. IDCHAPPY

IDCHAPPY Trusted Plumber GSR

2 mill

5. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

If your looking to buy try Intasure, I've just changed to them and found them very competitive.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PhoenixServices

PhoenixServices Plumber GSR

What size properties are you working in? If you start getting a few nice houses you want to make sure you have 5mill really.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lame plumber

lame plumber Guest

London or county council work, 10 -12 million at least, you burn down a terrace and you'll need to emigrate if your 1 million!

• Like Like x 1
  8. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

I went for 2, only becauee you cant get sfa for a million these days.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

I've had to upgrade to £10m, like lame says think about what type of work your doing. No point in having £1m if you need more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cure1973

cure1973 Guest

Thanks for all the replies , I think I will be safe and go for 2 mill then! Got quoted 330 per year with tradesaver not sure if this is too high but I guess I am starting out again after 6 years in oz!
    As to ltd company can you show me the thread? I was ltd in my last business too and didn't ever seem a problem?!
    cheers

11. newcastle phill

newcastle phill Guest

When I lived in hull years ago a business i owned has to have 5 milion cover.

Can you believe that...5 million in hull.
    What were they expecting me to do...

...flatten and rebuild the entire city....TWICE :D

• Like Like x 7
  12. helpsy

helpsy Plumber

£5M cover for me.

13. Chris F

Chris F Plumber GSR

2 million here

14. gasmanrob

gasmanrob Plumber GSR

I had 5 mill as well but don't need any now. 2 mill used to cover me before insurance work said they wanted to see 5

15. Pipes Plumbing

Pipes Plumbing Guest

Minimum £2M... Hetas & Oftec both specify £2M as the minimum level of cover required under their terms. Also depends what sort of work you are doing as to whether you may want / need £5M.

16. hammers4spanner

hammers4spanner Plumber GSR

Had five now two

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1