Search the forum,

Discuss £1.50 per hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trand

Hi All, I have a Valliant VUW 242e, fitted 31/5/2000, I have had notheing but trouble it has been repaired 9times in the last 2years, I also have a pre-pay gas meter, it cost me £1.50 an hour to put my heating on , is this the boiler problem or the gas board nicking money off me.

If you're in rented accommodation it'll be the landlord (I think).

Not rented, but a council house, meter recently fitted. my question is; will a boiler use that amount of gas in a hour

Don't think it should. Aren't council houses rented? Is the local authority the landlord? Paying by direct debit is about the cheapest way of paying fuel bills so is it possible to set this arrangement up?

Phew! I ask a simple question and I get a correction on my wording, from some PC 'er

get rid of the pre pay meter you pay more just for having it. They are a rip off

i installed a cooker for a mate whos just moved into a council flat with a pre pay meter, shes already gone through £35 in 2 weeks. bloomin mad.

these meters are usually installed in places where the tenants aren't too flush with cash( elderly people single mothers etc.) so why then must they pay considerably more than someone who is able to pay the quarterly chunk. i know that there is more involved in maintaining meters and pay stations etc. but personally feel that its a tax on gas, which aint cheap anyway

hi all, i thought that a (bill) was passed saying that p.p. meters owned by gas suppliers, ie.bg. e.on. etc. because you pay up front for it you paid less than 1/4 billing custards, landlord meters are only allowed to add 7..10% to gas price. i will see if i can find the details later,

this looks like there is back payment owing or a meter charge per week.
sometimes you can sort this by sticking say £20 in the meter after taking £2-3 initially off you for the privallage it will then be less than £1.50 per hour.
it is also possible the meter is over-clocking.

of course, a gas leak allways uses more.

whats everyone elses average gas bill? just out of interest.

£0 :p:p:p

Oil's rather more (£1,200 a year) - wood about £300 a year

Then there's a little for electricity for underfloor heating in bathroom.

(Large 4 bedroom house out in the sticks 1980's build)

£480/year. Two bed flat, hob and combi. Two adults, one child.

Redsaw's right about debt. It's amazing how many of our tenants move into a property and never change over the account into their own name. Quite often they are paying off debt owed by the previous tenant via the pre-payment meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £1.50 per hour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock