Results 1 to 4 of 4
Plumbing & Plumbers Forum - Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co
Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & CoDiscuss Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co at UK Plumbers Forums; IntaKlean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co I got this off Roy and fitted it a while ago, I was going to do a video of it been fitted but ...
- 04-12-2013 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Intaklean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co
IntaKlean Magnetic Filter - Williams & Co
I got this off Roy and fitted it a while ago, I was going to do a video of it been fitted but never got around to it.
The filter is very well built and one of the easy filters to install. The magnet is a little bit smaller that of of it's competition, but it doesn't just rely on the magnet alone... There is a wire mesh to help collect larger deposits, as well as using gravity pull it to the bottom.
Like every central heating filter out there it has it's pro's and con's...
- It works really well.
- easy to install
- easy to service
- well built.
- Easy to isolate
- Opens from the bottom, so can get it really close to bottom of boiler.
- The 'O' rings to be changed every service.
- Opens from the bottom*, not a big problem, but need to remember bowl.
- Can't use it for pouring chemicals in, unless you use use concentrates.
I know this isn't the best review, but next time I have something to review, I will be sure to record it... I'll get bod, to get camera out on me
Big thank you to Ray and his team at William & Co, for the product and the sweets, much appreciated. I will be sure to use the IntaKlean filter in the future.
HE Engineers Ltd / Heating-Electrical.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Orry Clayton For This Useful Post:
- 04-12-2013 #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- St Albans
- Thanked 110 Times in 110 Posts
i was looking on something similar other day in the magazine and I personally don't really like idea of emptying filter from the bottom . sorry guys Anyway, everybody prefers something else, doesnt it ?Plumber and heating engineer in St Albans - http://www.galaxyplumbing.co.uk. Call Martin on 07802 645743 for plumbing and heating in Hertfordshire. Don't understand my English? Please ask me in Slovak then
- 05-12-2013 #3
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- North Devon by the sea
- Thanked 918 Times in 887 Posts
cant see why you cant pour chemicals in, I use them all the time and pour 1 or 2 litres in every time, you only have to rotate them 180 and that is simply done!GSR? Want gas safety or boiler repair advice? We will check out that you're genuine via the gas safe website, so please dont be offended when we ask for your details. DIYers, odd job people and have a go heroes need not apply.
My Landy goes anywhere, her Smart parks anywhere
- 05-12-2013 #4
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- North East
- Thanked 1,026 Times in 1,000 Posts
New mag has a drain plug in base .my posts may appear blunt or sarcastic........ that's because they are!
- By stani in forum Product ReviewsReplies: 10Last Post: 27-06-2013, 07:49 PM
- By Ray Stafford in forum Central Heating ForumReplies: 39Last Post: 23-12-2012, 08:37 PM
- By pj_eden in forum Central Heating ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 29-11-2012, 07:32 PM
- By ggman in forum Central Heating ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 07-06-2012, 09:18 PM
- By Armanovici in forum Central Heating ForumReplies: 16Last Post: 27-01-2011, 01:55 PM