Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the Central Heating Forum - Also see on the electrical forum: Central Heating Systems..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Forum Prefix Filter

I know it's a bit of a bizarre one perhaps but we have an opening between our conservatory and kitchen where a patio door used to be. Yes we did the conservatory under building regs and did the best we could with it but the heat loss through the coldest couple of months of the year drags the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm looking for suggestions on heating controls. We'll be upgrading our boiler (To a modulating oil system boiler - EOGB Sapphire) and unvented cylinder (To a Mixergy cylinder) as we currently have a 13 year old fixed output combi boiler with a unvented cylinder which is fed solely...
Replies
Views
Hi, When I had my old wireless (non Smart) Honeywell stat, it would peg the temperature exactly as set. It learnt when to turn the heating on and off by judging the lag. I installed a Hive smart stat. It works OK, but is dumb in this respect. Set it at 20C, and it puts the heating on when the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a britony combi se 80 with fault 40 60 80 had british gas out to repair under homecare cover but they can't seem to repair it. They have been out 7 times so far and fitted a new pump heat exchanger air pressure switch and a pcb. Does anyone on here know what else could be the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, hope someone can help, I’ve just had a new boiler fitted an Alpha E-Tec plus 33 and the controller it was installed with isn’t “Right” for me, it’s a neomitis wireless thing that only allows me to turn the heating on and off 3 times a day! Now I don’t want my house being thermostaticly...
Replies
Views
Richard Rendall
R
I have a question regarding combi boiler installation. I’ve just completed an attic bathroom where the previous plumber had put in the first fix of qualpex down to the airing cupboard which is standard practice. I’ve come a later stage to finish the bathroom but I now find that in the airiing...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a weather compensation unit that can be fitted to a cylinder? I have an Ideal Logic Max H24 which heats a thermal store. The boiler can take an Ideal weather compensation unit to raise the target flow temperature as the outside temperature drops, but the store temperature...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
I need advice on flushing out my central heating system. Lower two floors underfloor, top floor radiators. Oil fired system
Replies
Views
Robin Overall
R
T
I've got a DHW system with 2 storage tanks run in parallel - everything is well set up for the 2 tank operation, but other than completely removing one tank, and draining it to avoid legionella risk, is there a way I can keep both hooked up but only run the single tank (system was installed for...
Replies
Views
taffyinhighlands
T
T
Looking for Wiring diagram for Hive active v3 to Alpha CB24 Combi.
Replies
Views
Tony Webster
T
I have an ancient ferroli 901 optima that due to recent redundancy I am unable to replace , for a good while now there has been short cycling issues , things I have checked and ticked off the check list , temp sensors on pipe , heat exchange , pcb (replaced) , one suggestion however was changing...
Replies
Views
Hi, about 3 weeks after overhauling the diverter and diff valves with valve and seal kit, the noise started to occur seemingly from the diverter although it's difficult to pinpoint exactly. The noise starts a few minutes after CH is activated, and is persistently loud and is carried through...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry about but it sometimes gets worse and it went on for few seconds todays (5) like it was stuck and then freed itself and might have been coincidence but...
Replies
Views
In the summer I had the boiler and 6 (out of 10) radiators replaced. Last week I discovered a growth in the plastic header tank, which until then had always contained clear water. I skimmed the growth off but it is starting to appear again. What caused it and how do I remedy it? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, around 3 week following a diverter overhaul with a valve and seal kit (due to leak between diverter housing and diff housing) the noise started to occur within a few minutes of activating CH. I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the diverter and it is carried along pipework in walls and...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I did some plumbing many years ago I have never fitted a combi-boiler and am confused by this problem . I removed a radiator on the upper floor of my house to clean and paint the wall behind it, when removing it I shut down the lockshield and packed the...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
My 30 year old good servant a Combi Vokera Flowmatic 20-80 RS has finally given up RIP. Think Vokera don't make them like they used to so not necessarily like for like replacement. Ground floor flat with 5 large radiators and 2 small radiators. As this Combi has served me well I assume it was...
Replies
Views
When I run TT through the relay no heat activation. When I by pass relay to a single thermostat works as intended. Triple checked wiring seems correct.
Replies
Views
I'm planning on adding the Bosch EasyControl (CT200 + TRVs) to my new boiler. If all rads are controlled by smart TRVs, does the central unit still operate as a thermostat, or function just as the controller? Question is related to the positioning of the controller - If it's still a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a potterton promax combi boiler which has developed a whistling/kettling sound when turning on the hot tap. The sound seems to reduce has the tap is slowed. I have also noticed this sound occurs when the boiler is turned off and the tap is running?? I can reduce the noise by...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock